World’s 1st Clinical Ultra High Frequency (Freq. range: 20-70MHz) Ultrasound system.
With the higher frequencies comes a higher spatial resolution which allows for spotting and visualizing small objects within the body such as nerves, vasculature just below the skin, the skin itself, and perhaps intra-operatively to help avoid damaging fragile tissues. The UHF ultrasound produces images at up to 30 micrometer resolution (at 70MHz), which may open up a whole new set of things for doctors to look at areas that were previously ignored due to a lack of appropriate imaging. The major applications in which this technology would be:
- NEONATOLOGY & PEDIATRICS – abdominal, spinal cord, lymph nodes, vasculature etc.
- DERMATOLOGY – Skin layers, melanomas, Lipomas, hair follicles, lesions etc.
- VASCULAR – arteries and veins, Intima Media Thickness, peripheral vessel assessment for diabetes care,
- SMALL PARTS – Nerves, Hand Transplant, Thyroid, Lymph nodes, male reproductive organs etc.
- MSK – Muscoloskeltal – Carpal & tarsal tunnel syndromes, inflamed tendons, arthritis management,